Policies and Fees
How much does it cost to reserve an apartment?
- Application Fee – $45
- Holding fee/security deposit – $1000
- Additional Security for stays over 3 months, up to 1-month rent required
How much is the cleaning/setup fee?
- All residences are professionally cleaned and sanitizing productions are applied in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
- 1 Bedroom – $241
- 2 Bedrooms – $299-$320
- 3 Bedrooms – $363-$374
- 4 – 5 Bedrooms – $427-$448
What is included in the rental price?
- High speed internet and access to streaming services
- $100/month allowance for utilities (gas/electric/water)
- All furnishings, cookware and linens
- Tax is NOT included in the rental price. NJ State Tax (6.625%) and Occupancy Fee (5%) apply to any rentals LESS than 90 days. There is NO tax for any stays 90 days or longer.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Within 48 hours of booking – the holding fee minus a $100 administrative fee is refunded
- After 48 hours but before checking in – the holding fee is forfeited, but the lease can be canceled and rent refunded
- After checking in – rent is due until the end of the term, unless a replacement tenant is found
Are there any additional charges for pets?
- Non-refundable pet fee required ranging from $250-$400, depending on the size of your rental.
- Large and/or multiple pets may require an additional deposit.
- $75/month fee per pet at some Woodbridge apartments
- Some complexes have size/breed restrictions and some require registration and other documentation for the pet. Please inquire with the NJSTR staff for more details.
Is maid service included in the rent price?
- Maid service is not included in the rent.
- The NJSTR preferred cleaning service, L&A Cleaning can be hired during your stay. (908-338-0718)
- Cleaning equipment (i.e. vacuum, mop) is provided in each apartment for tenants to use. Tenants need to purchase their own cleaning supplies.
- For clients who stay over 3 months, a mandatory cleaning service by L&A Cleaning is required at least once per quarter at the tenant’s expense.
What else do I need to know?
- 30 day written notice is required when vacating. Notice can be given for any business day (Monday – Friday). Vacate dates can not be Saturday, Sundays or holidays.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any of the apartments
- Apartments are booked in a first-come, first-served manner based on the date the deposit is received.